thanks for visiting streetcake!
- we are an online magazine publishing diverse and experimental writing
- that has been in existence since 2008.
- in 2019, we have launched our experimental writing prize, supported by the Arts Council England. the winning writers received various prizes, including mentoring, publication and book bundles.
You can purchase the anthology on our prize page.
- read our latest issue.
- we started streetcake to offer all writers an inclusive space to share their work with the world.
- we don't look at your credentials, where you're from, where you've been, where you did your degree or who you know before reading your writing because we believe that we should approach your writing and voice without any preconceptions. in the words of Nirvana, 'come as you are.'
- we publish around 5-10 poems and/or short fiction every three months.
- we are always looking for exciting writing that is visual, innovative and experimental.
- we also like great imagery and humorous writing.
- we want to read poetry and fiction that surprises us, looks downright weird
and is a little out of the ordinary. so if your writing is a bit of an outcast,
then join us, support us and keep returning to the cake.
- we are accepting submissions. we do not charge a reading fee.