thanks for visiting streetcake!
- we are an online magazine publishing diverse and experimental writing
- that has been in existence since 2008.
- read our latest issue.
- we started streetcake magazine to offer writers an inclusive space to share their work with the world. we don't look at your credentials, where you're from, where you've been, where you did your degree or who you know before reading your writing because we believe that we should approach your writing and voice without any preconceptions. in the words of Nirvana, 'come as you are.'
- we publish a selection of poems, visual poetry and short fiction every two/three months.
- we are always looking for exciting writing that is visual, innovative and experimental.
- we want to read poetry and fiction that surprises us, makes us laugh,
- looks downright weird and is a little out of the ordinary. we enjoy
- a range of innovative forms, including: visual poetry, unconventional ideas and
- presentations, hybrid forms, asemic writing, unique imagery, playing with forms and
- perspectives, non-linear writing, intermedia pieces, collages, and much more!
- so if your writing is a bit of an outcast,
- then join us, support us and keep returning to the cake.
- we are accepting submissions for our August issue. subs open June 1st.
- we do not charge a reading fee.
- please read current/past issues or buy our prize anthology to see what we like.
we're also looking for exciting artwork.
- in 2019, we launched our experimental writing prize for 18-30 year old UK residents, supported by Arts Council England. the winning writers receive various prizes, including mentoring, performance opportunities, publication and book bundles.
- You can purchase the previous year's anthology on our prize page.
- to join our mailing list, please email us at email@example.com
- apologies but we cannot give payment to authors. we run streetcake because of our love for writing.